Saturday, March 04, 2006

DVD: Finished at last?


The DVD is finally being produced, and we should have 1,000 copies as of Wednesday. I have to say: this has been the hardest project I've ever worked on. I don't get why everything had to keep going wrong. We finally, after so many delays, got a DVD off to the print shop, and were told that they would be finished on March 1st. Hurray! Right?

Wrong. It was too good to be true, and a few days later we were told that the DVD failed, except they couldn't really tell us why, and marc was back to working 12 hours a day as a Production Assistant, and I was back to troubleshooting everything from New Zealand, where phone calls cost me 70 cents/minute.

This set things back another week, after so very many "another weeks" have passed. Every anotherweek equals me being hundreds of dollars further in debt, so this was really quite painful. I am pretty sure that I have lost more money on poi artistry related ventures than any other poi artist in the world.

But I remain strangely optimistic! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger ficklampa said...

i can't wait, i want it now.
what will it contain more in details?...

5:10 PM  
Blogger alphaheart said...

we want 50 copies for germany amigo del luz
how much u want to sell them

4:30 AM  
Blogger alphaheart said...

i publicize the dvd on german and french forums

peace light and it´s just money amigo

ap

4:34 AM  
Blogger nickthepoiguy said...

Hey alphaheart, write to me at nick at playpoi

dot com, and we can talk about DVD orders.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home